The following points will give you a support of what all should be taken care of before you depart from your home country:
- Ensure that you obtain visa from Indian Embassy/ High Commission.
- Also assure that you meet Medical fitness standard before you leave your country.
- Also ensure that you have taken all the required vaccinations (Typhoid Vaccine, Hepatitis Vaccine), to avoid medical complications while you are in India(not mandatory).
- If there are certain medicines that you are supposed to consume due to any medical reason prescribed by a doctor please carry them along. It is also suggested to carry the prescription of that medicine for any further reference.
- Request and register with the Institute’s International Office for the Meet and Greet (Airport pick up) service from the Airport at least two weeks prior to arrival and provide the complete details of flight.
- Also ensure that you bring the letter of admission issued by the Institution.
- Make sure that you carry the originals, copies of your certificates/degrees and 12 passport size photographs.
- Ensure that your fee has been received by the Institution and you should carry the fee receipt.
- You can carry all your money in form of Travellers Cheques, which can be easily redeemed at the airport as well as a number of foreign exchange offices and banks.
- Keep all the valuables, important documents (Passport, Visa papers) in the Cabin baggage, to avoid the possibility of their getting misplaced during transit.
- Keep all the contact phone numbers handy in case of need.
- Temperature ranges between 30 – 40 degree Celsius during summers and 18 – 30 degree Celsius during winters.
- Whilst everything is available in India, however try to get all that you would require during the initial few days.
- The electric standard in India works on 240 V. So, ensure that you have an adapter for your mobile or laptop if it operates on a different voltage in your country. Also the electric sockets are 2 or 3 pin so ensure that you carry a converter in case required.
Memorandum of Understanding