M.Sc. Data Science & Business Analysis
The field of Data Science and Business Analysis is an extremely demanding one because of the continuous and rapid development of new technologies and applications. Consequently, the unique challenge for the department is to keep abreast of these rapid changes in the industry. The department makes every effort to keep pace with the fast paced industry in order to enhance the competency and employability of the students.
It is a unique 2 years PG programme specially designed for Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics background students. The curriculum and the syllabi are carefully designed starting with the fundamentals of computer science and gradually upgrading with core and electives relating to software systems in line with industry / research requirements, molding the students as Competent data science professionals.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates shall be professionals with expertise in the fields of Software Engineering, Networking, Data Mining and Cloud computing and shall undertake Software Development, Teaching and Research.
- Graduates will analyze problems, design solutions and develop programs with sound Domain Knowledge.
- Graduates shall have professional ethics, team spirit, life-long learning, good oral and written communication skills and adopt corporate culture, core values and leadership skills.
Data Science basically is an amalgamation of mathematics, programming, statistics and design which are applied in order to successfully manage digital data collection.The main 3 components involved in data science are organising, packaging and delivering data. Overall, it is a multidisciplinary blend of data inference, algorithm development and technology in order to solve analytically complex problems. Data science is a beautiful blend of 3 major domains. Expertise in mathematics, technical and programming skills, business and strategy awareness combine to form Data Science.
Being a Data Scientist is one of the hottest and trending career option of the decade. The demand for data scientists is huge, the number is said to be much higher than the available candidates. So, choosing data science as a career option has a lot of scope and will remain so in the near future.
Data Scientists are those who perform data science. A Data scientist performs research and analyses data and help companies flourish by predicting growth, trends and business insights based on a large amount of data. Basically, data scientists are big data wranglers. They take this huge data and use their skills in mathematics, statistics and programming to clean and organise the data. All their analysis combined with industrial knowledge helps to uncover hidden solutions to business challenges.
Following are the job roles available for the graduates:
- Business intelligence reporting professional
- Data Analyst
- Data Mining or Big Data Engineer
- Program/Project Manager
- Researcher in the filed of Data Science