M.Com (Computer Applications)
M.Com Computer Applications or Masters of Commerce in Computer Applications is a PG course which is a combination of computers with commerce, generally concerned with computer software designed to help the users to perform multiple specific tasks. This 2-year course imparts knowledge to candidates on the basis of design and development of software applications which is used mainly in automation of accounting and financial transactions.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Enables to understand and use practical tools of finance required in decision making.
- Develops understanding of how financial markets work in practice and how to use it in a professional environment.
- The course aims at developing skills to do a thorough analysis of financial statements and use them as basis for financial decision making.
- The course provides hands on, practical approach to understand, analyze, and duly compare published financial statements in the light of various accounting norms in force.
- The course also aims at developing key foundations of finance, the valuation principles and schemes in general, the understanding of the requirement of return with risk, valuation of various asset classes’ projects, etc.
M.Com Computer Applications offers the following Subjects such as:-
- Management Concept Marketing of Financial Services
- Financial Management
- Project Finance
- Internet and Its Applications
- Management Accounting
- Advanced Corporate Accounting
- Computer Practical - I (Office Automation Lab)
- Computer Practical – II (Advanced Financial Packages)
Students can pursue commerce and learn skills that will help them to pursue various administration and companies roles. The Career Opportunities in various aspects are:
- Computer Programmer
- IT Sector
- Mobile Application Developer
- Finance Consultant