Bachelor of Computer Applications
BCA or Bachelor of Computer Applications prepares the students for manpower requirement of the developing IT / Software Industry. Students those join BCA degree learns recent software through the content of the degree curriculum. BCA Program aims to shape the students via incorporate contemporary knowledge of fundamentals to comprehend applicative technology towards efficient solutions for industrial and real-life problems. Students are capable of creativity and innovative thinking by addressing design and developmental trade-offs in IT industry for providing a real-time solution.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- The Course equips the students with an in-depth understanding of technical concepts coupled with intensive industry exposure.
- The Computer Applications curriculum is dedicated to preparing students for productive careers in the competitive world.
- Effective use and implement Applications and software technologies that provide computing solutions to address the needs of an organization.
- Students will have the ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Students will have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
BCA graduates have an opportunity to place in either Government sector or Private sector. In private sector, Software MNCs are the prime recruiters. Web hosting, IT sector, Electronics Industry are some other sectors that recruits BCA graduates. Graduates may take up the following posts in the above mentioned sectors
- Software Engineer
- Software Tester
- Database Management professional
- Project Manager
- Information Security professional
- Information Management professional
- System Administrator
BCA offers core, allied, skilled and practical courses. Equal weightage is given to Theory and Practical. The performance of the students is assessed by continuous series of Tests/Assignments/Quizzes/Tutorials/online courses and presentations in addition to the Mid Term & End Semester Examinations to ensure highest academic standards.Core, Allied & Skilled Subjects offered:
- Problem Solving using C
- Java Programming
- Data Structures
- PC & Mobile Hardware Trouble Shooting
- Numerical Methods
- Web Technology
- Database and SQL/PLSQL
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Windows Programming
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Entrepreneurship for IT
- Android App Development
- Software Engineering
- Information and Cyber Security
BCA provides an area specific specialization for the students. The domains are listed below.
- Data Analytics
- Computer Networks & Security
- Cloud Infrastructures
For the students of BCA, to improve their programming skills and enhance their software development skills a computer lab with 60 machines with recent configuration is provided. The computer Lab is fully air-conditioned. Also the students shall utilize the following laboratory for the skill enhancement.
- C & C++ Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Java Lab
- Open Source Lab
- Application & System Software Lab
- Industry persons are invited to the Guest Lecture Programs.
- Industrial Visits to IT companies.
- Internship to the IT Companies at the end of each semester.
- Placement Assessment Tests.
- Seminars / Workshops